Monday, September 13, 2010

Camping

We took the boys camping this weekend. After 10 minutes on the road, Jacob asked if "we were there yet?"
Then after arriving and setting up the tent, I managed to get stung by some unknown bug. OUCH! Within 20 minutes of being there, I was on the phone with poison control. Yeah, thats right, Poison control. Jacob had decided he wanted to spray himself with bug spray and managed to inhale it all by mouth. He had apparently pointed the can straight into his mouth and "pushed"! His breath smelled strongly of "off deep woods" so I called poison control. Luckily, the only thing that would of happened was he would of thrown up, so we decided to continue on with our adventure.

Nolan is a monkey, aka a tree climber. He shimmied his way up a medium sized tree and got stuck and couldn't get down. He wanted me to climb up there and carry him down. (yeah right) We both managed to give a little on each our ends and safely reach solid ground again.

After TRYING to get the boys to bed, at 9:00 we decided to lay down with them. It was Soooooo hot, NO breeze, and people outside talking. OH and a air mattress with a possible hole. Makes for a LONG night. So around 12:00 in the AM Nolan, John, and I decided to get up and cool off. We sat by the campfire ring (no fire in it) and looked at the stars and just talked. Then a skunk appeared out of no where with her tail as tall as me! I didn't realize they could spray soo far. Luckily, she didn't spray and eventually walked away. WHEW!
We finally got to sleep. (Nolan and John on the mattress, with Jacob and I on the floor) Well, atleast the boys all got to sleep. I tossed and turned all night. Jacob woke around 3:00 am to "go look at bugs" and also because "he heard a dog". Now how can he hear a dog when hes asleep but can't hear me calling his name????
All in all, it was a good time and we got to enjoy it as a family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man.. that is an adventure! I am glad you had fun! It is miserable when there is no breeze out camping!

    ReplyDelete